Drop shipping is a business where the retailer transfers the customer order to the manufacturer and acts as an intermediary in the transaction. The retailer, in this case, does not have to stock the product physically.
The customer makes an order online, and when the retailers receive the order, they forward it to the shipping company either manually or automatically. Then the shipping company does the remaining work of packaging and shipping the order on behalf of the retailer.
The form of business is not an old practice as compared to the old way of purchasing and shipping of the product where the retailer does everything to make sure the product reaches the consumer. This concept of being new therefore means that the business attracts a lot of misconceptions as well as half-truths from both the retailers and the customers. A good article that touches on this is this article on Salehoo at Thelazyplumber
What are some of the dropshipping Books?
In the last one decade, economists have published books and journals in an attempt to educate the contemporary world this way of trading. Although the dropshipping books are not as many as in the other areas of trading, their scope is broad enough.
Some of the best dropshipping books include:
1. “The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping by Andrew Youserian and Mark Hayes” is one of the best reads when venturing into this business. They lay a practical layout on how to create and run a successful drop shipping business. Published on 24 June 2013 by Lulu Publishing Service, the book stipulates clear guideline as well as guidelines in this area of drop shipping.
2. “Don’t Drop Ship! A guide to starting your own Drop shipping business…” by Brilliant Building takes a different route in explaining and educating the person interested in the business. From the cover look, it is ironical, but inside, it specifies easy ways to get discouraged when starting up a drop shipping business.
This book is important because it gives the reader a firm piece of knowledge on the business.
3. How to Get Started with Drop Shipping by Donohue is a great read in drop shipping. The author outlines the essentials one needs when setting up a drop shipping business as well as explaining the scope of drop shipping. The book outlines well thought ideas on how to constitute working systems in drop shopping regarding creating a good rapport with both the customer and manufacturer.
4. “Shopify; How to Create Your Online Empire! E-Commerce, Dropshopping, and making money online.” by Greg Addison is another great publication on this type of trading. The book outlines how to completely control online business as well as stimulate growth in the process with strategies like driving traffic in the trading site. The book appreciates internet as the main contributors to the drop shipping. It also expounds on how to maximize it for better growth of the business.
5. “Drop shipping and eCommerce” by Christine Clayfield explains the facts about drop shipping, mistakes to avoid when getting started as well as advantages and disadvantages of this form of trading. It is a good read because it does not leave any assumptions and it’s probably the best start read for people who do not have any clue what drop shopping is all about.
All of these books can be found on the Kindle store on Amazon or in the Google play store